Lomas Helicopters was set up by David Lomas in 1989 originally operating from Exeter Airport. In 1992 the main office was moved to the family Estate in North Devon which was when Emma came onboard as the Operations Manager.
Since 1989 the company has taken part in a great variety of tasks from pleasure flying at large corporate events, local scenic tours around the South West peninsular to aerial filming for a variety of national and international television companies and film production houses. We have been involved with the Olympics in Athens, the Asian Games in Doha and the World Cup in South Africa. We have lifted many things from concrete pipes to a dinosaur and have undertaken a variety of passenger charters from wedding proposals to birthday treats.
We are a family owned and operated company, based at our own Helipad, with all our own vehicles and equipment which enables us to be particularly flexible and versatile. David Lomas is the Managing Director, Emma Lomas is the Operations Manager and Gary Hulme is our Helipad Manager.
- Lomas Helicopters is a family owned and operated business with 25 years experience
- We operate under AOC Number OL/B/365 (Previously – GB 2029)
- We operate from our own Heliport with full Night Landing Aids
- Our own Heliport is used as a refuel point for other Helicopter Operators as well as Emergency Services & the Military
- We employ a full time professional Ground Crew and Support Team
- Ground Support and Fire Cover are available up to H2
- 2000 & 1000 litre Jet A1 (+FS11) fuel bowsers available for off site refuelling
- Full night landing lights on site and off site
- Aerial Co-ordinating for Major Events
- Full brokerage service supplied
- We can organise Fixed Wing Aircraft